Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Don't talk about.....

My first ever detrimental experience with religion occurred as a kid when I was forbidden a particular seat in the bus by middle schoolers claiming that the seat belonged to "church-goers". Though I didn't commute as a straphanger that day because I was generously taken by the "temple-goers". I was in the fourth grade at that time and I clearly remember the feeling of disgust I had at that moment. What a moronic divergence. Maybe the seeds of disbelief  in partitioned cults were planted on that day. Since a kid, I  never bought the concept of religion. 

I used to believe in supernatural entities though for a brief period of my life. But 12 years of school science was more than enough to make   those beliefs, void. I never did disrespect the people who still believe in these - but it's true that I can never respect them. Religion shouldn't be like a genetic disorder that unwillingly cascades down to the next generation. Religion is something that should be secretive; Something that one should  conceal- like sex. Don't make it a public affair even if YOU are proud of it. And do believe in gods, if that helps you individually. I still say to param that Santa exists and, of course, it helps now, but he is gonna grow out of it soon.  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment