Sunday, August 25, 2013

'Kireedam'- Revisited!

Was watching 'Kireedom' on TV the other day. Now I would really go to the extend of rating it above any of the films I've seen so far. What a script. The dialogues,powerful though deceivingly natural. I didn't spot a single actor who 'acted' in that film. Mohanlal is still here for a reason, but it seems he himself forgot that reason. And the tension the movie creates! I think this is the 100th time I am watching it, but I got so worked up, when Sethu meets Parameswaran inside the 'Sarpakaavu'. The action sequences doesn't feel choreographed at all. Sethu is a noone when compared to the physical strength of Parameswaran, but we could easily see and believe how he strangles and ties up Parameswaran by the end. I haven't seen a movie that intensive in malayalam. Its been more than 20 years, and we haven't seen a movie that surpasses the power of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment