Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hatred for a Reason

A silent little girl.For an unknown reason, I always hated her. I made fun of her in front of the guys all the time. Even told them that her face looks like as if she need to take a shit right now. Years passed but whenever I see my old class photo I will remember her name and how much I hated her.So as a matter of fact she was always remembered while the rest of the gang were a stained memory.At times, I wondered looking at the photo, what will be she doing now? Will she be married? Is she still giving that 'I-have-to-take-a-shit' look? As time passed, I got back in touch with almost all of my childhood buddies. Thanks to Social Networking and Unlimited Internet Plans. But I never heard a single word about that girl from anyone.Strangely, today was the first time I ever heard about her after school and it was about her death which occurred 15 years ago. Don't know the cause of death. Don't know where she was at the time of her death. Don't even know whether she needed some help. All of us were busy with our lives.I so need a chance, to say to her - sorry. This wasn't the way i wanted to remember you.You will continue to be in my memory but, that wont be for the hatred I had. For a moment I had this thought. She was no one to me, Nothing more than a stranger. We never had a talk.There was no reason for me to keep her in my memory. But still she was there and it was hatred which made me think about her often.Hatred for an unknown reason. Or did it have a purpose? May she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment